Last updated on August 9, 2023
Through our Services, we collect information from individuals on their own behalf, and, in certain scenarios, as representatives of an educational institution. Unless we note otherwise, this Policy applies to the information that we collect from all users of our Services, including individuals submitting information on behalf of an educational institution.
By visiting our Sites, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use our Services. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
We do not actively market to anyone under 18. If you are under 18 and have provided us with your information, you may contact us to opt-out of our Services and have your information deleted.
1. What Information Do We Collect About You?
Information You Provide through our Services. We and our service providers will collect any information that you choose to provide directly through our Services. The information collected will vary, but may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, password, payment and
billing information, geographic location, profession, job history, job title and function, organization, communications, and content preferences. This information may be collected when you:
• Fill out a promotional form. We may require you to fill out a form to access content, register for events, or to request information. The information we collect in the form depends on the promotion.
• Purchase or access products and services. This includes subscriptions to our digital or printed publications, newsletters and job alerts, or access to paid products or services.
• Contests and special offers. On occasion, WHG collects personal information from users in connection with optional contests or special offers.
• Complete user and market research surveys. In voluntary surveys, WHG may collect personal information such as location, age, gender, or employment information. You have the right to decline to participate in any survey.
• Choose to share your personal information, like providing your business card.
• Submit content. You may post, upload, comment, or otherwise submit a comment, photo, file, document, video, story idea or other content.
Information We Collect from You About Third Parties. We may collect information about you from: • Our partners.
• Publicly available data.
• Privately held marketing or data analytics resources.
• Other users. May upload their contact list to our Site.
• Domain name of your service provider
• Browser type and operating system
• Internet Protocol address (IP address) of your devices
• Geographic location
• The web page that led you to our Site (referring URL)
• Dates, times, duration, and frequency of your interactions with our Sites and Services • Interactions with our email messages (including information about the devices used to access these messages.)
Third-Party Links. Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
We may ask you to provide other personal information but will disclose the purpose at the time of collection.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information collected about you (directly, automatically, or by third parties) to: • Provide access to our Services or fulfill orders.
• Communicate updates or notices to our Services, respond to your inquires, or other customer service purposes. You may be asked to confirm your profile or account, receive reminders about your profile or account, or other types of updates. When we communicate with you, we may contact you using your email address or phone number, or by other means available through our Services.
• Personalize your services. We may use your information to tailor content, offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise customize your experience while using our Services. • Notify you based on your preferences. Depending on your selected preferences, notifications may include advertising opportunities, newsletters, marketing or promotional messages, or other relevant messages.
• Conduct marketing and promotions.
• Generate aggregate information that does not directly identify you as an individual or the devices you use.
• Administer, manage, or improve our Services.
We may use the information collected from you in other ways but will disclose the purpose at the time of collection or otherwise obtain your consent.
3. How We Share Your Information.
We may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information (collectively, "information") with:
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Non-affiliated third parties. We may share your information with other parties if we have disclosed this to you at the time of collection of the information or if we otherwise have your consent. If you are a subscriber, we share your mailing addresses with selected partners for marketing purposes.
• In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• In cases of potential illegality or policy violations. We also may disclose the information we collect from you when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and de-identified information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
• Business transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets pertaining to services provided on a WHG website are transferred to another
company, or become part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
Be aware that any information that you post to our Sites, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text, will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Sites.
4. Securing Your Personal Information.
We have taken commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best reasonable efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
5. Options for Managing Your Privacy Settings.
For promotional emails, we provide a link to unsubscribe or manage your preferences at the bottom of every email. If you need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. To delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may ask you to verify your identity before implementing a request.
6. Notice to Non-U.S. Users
WHG is based in the United States. Use of your information by WHG is intended for use only within the United States and its territories. If you use our Sites and our Services, your information will be stored in the United States. We may, however, use third-party service providers that are located outside of the United States. Content and use of that content is intended to conform to United States law and practices. Use of our Services outside the United States is at your risk, and you agree to comply with all applicable laws and use or nonuse of content.
7. How to Contact Us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, you can contact us in the following ways:
• Write to us at 922 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Suite 201 Winston Salem North Carolina US 27101
• Email us at email@example.com
• Call us at 317-3715467
8. Changes in This Policy.
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the website thereafter. Your continued use of any WHG sites or services following any change will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions. You are expected to check this page from time to time so that you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
922 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Suite 201 Winston Salem North Carolina US 27101
All purchases are all final.